Shipping Costs Explained
- Integrate Shopify Shipping or ShipStation accounts that automatically import your shipping costs to Lifetimely.
- Set shipping costs equal to Shipping Charged (what your customers pay for shipping).
- Upload a CSV file that matches shipping costs to specific Order IDs.
- Set specific shipping rates for individual products.
- Set flat shipping rates based on the country you ship to.
This article explains the calculation logic behind how we decide on the shipping costs to apply to your orders:
⚠️ Note: Shipping costs here mean what you paid to your shipping provider. Customer's shipping costs are calculated separately via Shopify, and are called Shipping Charged.
Shipping cost calculation logic
If you use Shopify Shipping or you have integrated ShipStation, then we automatically import and apply these shipping costs regardless of any other settings or imports.
- If you've selected the option in the Shipping Costs tab to set shipping costs equal to Shipping Charged (in the case that your customers pay 100% of shipping costs), then this value is applied and takes priority over any other imports/calculations below.
- If you have imported a CSV file in the Shipping Costs tab that specifies the exact shipping cost of each of your Order IDs, then this shipping cost is applied, and takes priority over any other imports/calculations below.
- If you have no external shipping account integrations, your customers don't pay 100% of shipping, and you haven't imported a CSV file of costs, then we look to see whether the order includes any products with shipping costs that have been defined at the product level in the Product Costs tab.
- If the order includes multiple products with pre-defined shipping costs, then the highest individual shipping cost is applied (the shipping costs of each product are not summed).
- If the order includes only one product with pre-defined shipping costs, then this shipping cost is applied.
If none of the above options apply, then the default country-based shipping cost is applied. Country-based shipping rates can be set in the Shipping Costs tab.