How to Set Up Shipping Costs
There are three different ways of managing shipping costs in Lifetimely:
- Use default shipping cost per country
- Set individual shipping cost per product, per country, or for all countries
- Import shipping costs for individual orders using a CSV-file.
1. Default Shipping Cost per Country
The first option is to set a fixed cost per shipping country on the Shipping costs page. These values are used as a default rate for shipping an order if there are no individual shipping costs found per country.
The set up is as simple as entering a Shipping cost for each of the countries you ship to:
🔔 Note: Currently, only fixed rates are available for country-based shipping costs. We recommend calculating a 90-day average cost for shipping an order from your courier invoices and using that as a default rate.
2. Individual Shipping Costs per Product, per Country
Setting shipping costs on the product allows you to set a unique shipping cost per product, per country, or for all countries.
- Head to the product costs page here: https://app.lifetimely.io/cost/product-cost
- Click the edit (pencil icon) button next to the Lifetimely Shipping Cost field.
- It will then give you the option to set up different shipping costs for different countries for the same product.
- You can add the shipping costs for different countries for the same product, as shown below.
⚠️ Important: If you do not select a country after inputting a shipping cost for a product, then it is applicable to all the countries.
3. Import Shipping Costs via CSV
Instead of setting a fixed shipping cost for individual countries, you can import shipping costs for individual orders with a CSV-file. In most cases, you can find a suitable export from most warehouse systems.
Please check this help article for the instructions about importing shipping costs for individual orders: